This Halloween recipe for spooky sausage mummies makes the easiest treats for your Halloween party – they are ready in 30 minutes and they can be eaten hot or cold. Serve with ketchup or sweet chilli sauce!
- 375g pack rolled light puff pastry
- 1 tbsp flour, to sprinkle
- 1 pack RICA Meats Cheesegrillers or Smoked Viennas
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tsp soft cheese, to decorate
- 1 tsp chopped black olives, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
- Lightly roll out the pastry to 0.5cm thick over a floured surface, and cut vertically into long thin strips, about 0.5cm wide. You’ll need 1-2 strips per sausage, so leave the leftover pastry wrapped up in the fridge for another dish.
- Wrap the pastry strips around each sausage to create a mummy-wrap effect. Brush with the beaten egg, then put on a lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, until the pastry is puffed and golden, and the sausages cooked through. Use blobs of soft cheese for the eyes, then top with a small piece of black olive.