RICA Russian Paella
Recipe by: Ponatshego from The Food Love Makers
3 x RICA smoked Russians thickly sliced
3x RICA cheese grillers thickly sliced
3x Rashers of RICA bacon chopped
3 cups Cooked rice
1 Green pepper chopped
1 Yellow pepper chopped
1 Red pepper
1 Red chilli chopped
1 Onion chopped
4x Medium eggs
- On high heat fry your bacon, Russians and cheesegrillers in a pan with olive oil then set aside.
- In the same pan using all the oil from the meats fry your onions, pepper and chilli until soft.
- Add your cooked rice to the fried mixture with a spoonful of turmeric. Fry until the rice is coated and has changed colour.
- Add in your bacon, Russians and cheesegrillers and fry for a few more minutes on medium heat, making sure you don’t burn your rice.
- In another pan, fry your eggs sunny side up with olive oil. Your eggs must be fried according to your preference from soft to well-done.
- Plate the rice in a bowls and top each bowl with a fried egg and enjoy immediately.