These cute caterpillar sandwhiches will have your little picky eater, asking for more.
- 2 loaves white bread, sliced vertically (you will need 12 slices)
- 6 slices RICA Chicken Polony
- 6 slices cheese
- 1 small tomato
- 1 green onion stalk (or you can also use celery)
- Gather all ingredients.
- Lay 2 slices of bread out on a cutting board. Butter both pieces. Place on one slice RICA Chicken Polony, then cover with the other buttered slice. Repeat to make a cheese one.
- Cut out 5 circles from each sandwich using a mini cookie cutter.
- Place on a platter in a wiggly shape to form the caterpillar’s body – you can alternate each sandwich flavour if you like. Position tomato at the start of the body to become the caterpillar’s head. Next, cut out two very small ovals of cheese for the eyes. Dab with butter to act as a ‘glue’, then stick onto the tomato to start forming the caterpillar’s face. Slice small pieces of green onion for the pupils (again, using butter to ‘glue’ them to the eyes). Cut two long strands from the onion stalk to act as the caterpillar’s feelers, and fix onto the tomato using toothpicks. When finished, cover your sandwich caterpillar with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This recipe makes 30 sandwich circles and you will need roughly 22 so you can have some