Spoil yourself with our yummy fried polony sandwich. Choose from our wide range of polony’s (french, garlic, or chicken) to create this delicious sandwich.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bun or roll of your choice
- Butter, softened
- 5 slices of RICA Meats french, garlic or chicken polony
- ½ tbsp grainy mustard
- ½ tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 thin slices cheddar cheese
- Heat a small sauté pan on medium-high with olive oil, add the onions and cook until slightly caramelised, about 5 minutes.
- While the onions cook, lightly butter the inside of each bun, place cut-side down on a large non-stick frying pan until lightly toasted.
- Evenly space three small cuts inwards, about 1/2 inch long into the outside edge of the Polony – this will help it from curling up while frying.
- Fry the Polony until browned.
- Place 1 slice of cheese each on 2 slices of Polony and allow to melt.
- Spread mustard and mayonnaise on bottom half of the toasted bun and top with caramelised onions.
- Then stack all the slices of Polony on the onions, starting with a melted cheese Polony on the bottom, then the other 3 slices and top with the remaining melted cheese Polony.
- Place the top half of the bun on the sandwich.