- All-purpose flour, for rolling
- 1 homemade or store-bought single-crust pie dough
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups medium diced yellow onion (from 1 large onion)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- RICA bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Step 1 -Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly flour a rolling pin and work surface and roll out dough to a 12-inches round. Place in a 9-inch pie plate, fold overhang under and crimp edge. Place a sheet of parchment paper over the dough and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake until edge is dry and lightly golden, about 20 minutes. Remove parchment and weights.
- Step 2 – Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high. Add onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until lightly golden, 8 to 10 minutes. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and cream. Add onion, bacon, and cheese and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Whisk to combine, pour into crust, and bake until center of quiche is just set, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.