Bacon Cheddar Bread is a simple recipe for a delicious bread that is loaded with cheese and bacon.
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/4 cup shredded cheese
1 bottle of beer
4 slices of Rica bacon, cooked and chopped
2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
Prepare a bread pan by greasing with butter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar with a whisk. Make a well in the center. Add bacon, about 3/4 of cheese and full beer into the well.
- Stir mixture with a spoon until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared bread pan. Add remaining cheese. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of butter. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle remaining butter over the top.
- Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until browned on top and loaf thumps when you tap the top.
- Remove to a wire rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool on wire rack. You can brush with more butter if you choose.